Saudi coalition seizes another Yemen-bound fuel ship
The Yemen Petroleum Company (YPC) says the Saudi-led coalition has banned another ship carrying fuel from docking at Hudaydah port, a lifeline for millions of Yemenis.
Essam al-Mutawakel, a spokesman for the YPC, said in a tweet on Wednesday that the Saudi-led coalition seized “the third emergency fuel ship” in a bid to “tighten noose on the Yemeni people”.
He noted that the ship,dubbed “Sandas”, was carrying 32,331 tons of fuel and had been inspected and obtained United Nations clearance to enter Yemen.
That latest incident brings to four the number of fuel ships confiscated by the coalition.
Earlier this month, the spokesman said that the West Asian country was experiencing the toughest crisis since the start of the Saudi aggression and siege nearly seven years ago.
Yemen’s Minister of Oil and Minerals Ahmad Abdullah Dares has warned that the Saudi seizure of ships carrying petroleum products to Yemen could lead to the suspension of the service sectors and cause “a humanitarian catastrophe.”
SS