Saudi Aramco comes under new retaliatory strikes from Yemen
Yemen’s armed forces have carried out airstrikes targeting the facilities of Saudi Arabia’s state-run oil giant Aramco.
According to reports, Yemen’s army Spokesman Yahya Saree said on Friday that missiles had targeted Aramco facilities in the port city of Jeddah and drones had conducted strikes on the Ras Tanura and Rabigh refineries.
Crucial facilities in the capital Riyadh also came under attack from Yemen, the spokesman said.
Earlier, Saudi state media also reported a string of drone and rocket attacks by Yemeni forces on targets in Jeddah.
The Yemeni army said in a statement carried by al-Masirah television network that it had launched the operation ‘Breaking the Siege 3.’
Yemen has ramped up its retaliatory strikes on Saudi Arabia. Essam al-Mutawakel, a spokesman for the Yemen Petroleum Company (YPC), said earlier this month that the impoverished country was experiencing the toughest crisis since the start of the Saudi campaign in March 2015.
Yemen’s Minister of Oil and Minerals Ahmad Abdullah Dares has warned that the Saudi seizure of ships transporting petroleum products to Yemen could lead to the suspension of the service sectors and cause “a humanitarian catastrophe.”
SS/MG