Taliban kill two Afghan soldiers in Ghazni: Ministry
Afghanistan’s Defense Ministry says the country’s security troops have foiled a Taliban car bomb attack on a military base in the province of Ghazni, adding that two forces were killed in the ensuing clashes with the militants.
The ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that a bomber tried to detonate his car bomb at the base, but he was identified by the security forces and his vehicle was destroyed before reaching its target.
According to the statement, three security forces were also wounded in the clashes.
A security source said the clashes began on Tuesday night and continued until the early hours of Wednesday.
“First, a car bomb exploded near the base and then a number of attackers clashed with the security forces,” the source said.
No group, including Taliban, has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
SS